D J Horton Consulting Ltd

Personal reference to useful tips and tricks for SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services and Crystal Reports.



My alternative to scraps of paper lying about.



Others may find bits of it useful!








Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Reporting Services Login prompt when deploying solution - SSRS

Just spent 20 minutes fathoming out this issue. I've been transferring a SSRS solution between a 'test' laptop and my work PC, both using local reporting services servers. Whilst deploying an rdl I got a Reporting Services Login prompt, having never seenone before in BIDS I had to do some google searching. Inially I thought it was something to do with IIS security settings but eventually realised that TargetServerURL value was pointing to my other server. So it was simply a case of adjusting this value. Suprised I haven't witnessed this before as I'm sure I've made this mistake in the past

No comments: