Thursday 15 July 2010

Multivalued parameter drop down width - SSRS

I was working on a SSRS project where I was using multivalued parameters. This creates a drop down list whereby the user can select the relevant values. Unfortunately in SSRS 2005 (SP3) the width of the dropdown is fixed, which seems to me as a bit of an oversight.

I believe that this may be corrected by altering the HtmlViewer.CSS file or by programmatically fixing the width of the available parameter values.

Neither is ideal.

















I will look into whether this has been rectified in SSRS 2008.

2 comments:

Sanjeev said...

Try this

SELECT EmpID, EmpName from Employee
UNION
SELECT NULL AS EmpID, 'ALL' AS EmpName
ORDER BY EmpName

And SET default value as NULL

Dom Horton said...

Sorry but I don't quite follow......how does this rectify the column width?